Friday, June 13, 2008

Holy Cow, I'm a slacker!!












Wow, I am so bad at this lately! What can I say, time flies when you're raising kids. It seems like a lot has happened in the last month or so. I've already talked about Nanny's preschool graduation and dance recital, but I haven't elaborated. The recital was fantastic, she was of coarse the best dancer up there! No really, she was. For only being in her class for four months she was outstanding. Thanks to our neighbor Tamron we had a front row seat at the event. It was pretty exciting and I was very proud of my little girl. Her graduation was also very impressive, her teacher went all out in decorations, food and the program. Aunt Joey made it up for the graduation which totally thrilled my girls. They love their aunt Joey! It was totally awesome because Joey took both of the girls home with her after the grauation and kept them for four days. This was very good for me because I had some grueling tests at the hospital and wouldn't have been a very good mommy to them. I had an MRI on my brain and neck and then the next day I was at the hospital all day while they took my blood every half hour. That was really bad and I got really sick. Wow, was I glad I didn't have to go home and take care of my little ones. Thanks Joey, we love you!! Amid all of the grueling tests Kerry and I celebrated our eighth anniversary, thank heavens I was feeling decent that day and we were able to have fun. We saw a movie during the afternoon and then went to dinner after. I made Kerry stop at Krispy Kreme to get me a box of doughnuts to take home and eat while we watched a DVD. It was great. A week after Nanny's graduation it was Joshies graduation from High school. Can you believe my cute little Joshie graduated? Well I can't. It was a nice graduation followed by a fun family dinner at Charlie Chows in Salt Lake. Jordyn came home with us after the graduation and stayed with us for a week. Boy, was that awesome. My girls LOVE her and she helped me take care of them on my not so good days. On the days I felt decent we went out and had fun with her. I am learning to not waste a minute of good health. My new motto is "If you want to do it and you can, then you should". I totally live by this now, if I wake up and feel like I am able to do something I definitely do it because tomorrow could be a whole other story. Thank goodness for a few good days mixed in with all the bad!



We were sure sorry to have to take Jordyn back, but she promised us she would come back and stay with us again. Summer is nice so far, not too hot. I don't like really hot weather and I have enjoyed going outside as much as I can lately. I seem to feel better when I am outside in the open space. Walls aren't rocking around me and such. I have really enjoyed going outside and reading lately. Another thing I have really enjoyed is planiting flowers. My mom is starting to come through in me a little bit in the flower department. I finally get how enjoyable flowers really are. It's therapeutic for me to go out and be with my beautiful flowers. They really do make me happy! What a miracle flowers are, they die in the winter and come back just as beautiful as ever in the spring, I love it! Wow, I sound really excited about everything today don't I? Today is one of my better days and that makes me happy too!! Have a great day everyone.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have failed at commenting recently--my bad. Those pictures of Nanny are darling--she is her mama in miniature. I hope your tests lead to a cure---hopes and prayers comin' attcha! I'm glad you have such support around you! Have a great summer!

Perla said...

i was so happy to feel the energy in your post. i sure love you, heather, and hope and pray that the good days continue to be more and more frequent!

Sherri said...

I know how those good and bad days go. You just gotta take advantage of the good ones, although it's hard when the bad days come, you know like where I just sit in front of the computer all day or let my kids watch PBS all morning. Bad mom, bad mom. Jk, it could be worse. I've loved the not-too-hot weather, too and I love seeing all my flowers grow. Enjoy your happy flowers!

Jamie Hadlow said...

Hey friend. So I linked our blogs. Very cute pic's. It was great to see you today and I am glad you were feeling okay:)!

nspency said...

Hey Heather...I was blog surfing and ended up at your blog. Cute pictures and fun blog to read. I hope your good days will just increase until there are no bad ones anymore!

Anonymous said...

yeah everybody seems to get sad when im not with them. i just have that affect on people.
ha ha ha.