Friday, May 16, 2008

Time to get blogging again!




Hi, it's me Heather! You've probably all lost interest and stopped checking my blog to see if I've updated. Well maties when you're out to sea all day it's hard to find time to blog. Luckily I had a good friend of mine come over today to take my girls off my hands for a while. She has motivated me to blog once again because she is now a fellow blogger. Thanks Shannon! There really are so many things to talk about, especially this time of year. Nanny is wrapping up her second year of pre-school. I can't believe it, it seems like she just started. She is also ending her season of dance. Her recital is tomorrow night. I am really excited to see her cute little "Rocking Robin" dance. She is so cute in her little costume!! It's really not hard for her to look cute anyway. One funny new thing about Nanny is her picture smile. Any of you who knew my mom know that she didn't know how to smile when a camera came out. She had this fake, freezed, dear in the headlights kind of smile. I'm not being mean, even she knew she did it. It was the weirdest thing, she could be smiling so naturally and you would go to take her picture and the fake smile would spread across her face. She used to always say she didn't know how to smile on cue. Well, little Nanny has recently started demonstrating signs of grandma Jeri's smile. Last week Nanny's dance class had their pictures taken at a professional studio and I was so excited to get them back. I'm not saying they weren't cute because she is an adorable little girl, but her smile wasn't real. I of coarse told her they were the cutest pictures I'd ever seen and gushed all over them. She's a fun little girl and I'm glad she's my friend!
P.S. I'm sure all you smarties already know but you can double click on the pictures to make them bigger. I want you to get the full effect of Nanny's smiles!

8 comments:

Perla said...

Good! I'm so glad I inspired you to post today. I love the smiles, but the second one is definitely the best! Thanks for the laugh. I love your little ones. Even Jas likes them. He was really cute with Dant today when she came into his office where he was working. I look forward to reading and seeing more from you here, even though we do get to actually see each other on occasion. :)

Perla said...

Sorry, sometimes i read my post after i publish it and realize i said something stupid. it sounded rude to say, 'even jas likes them', but all i meant was that he doesn't usually take a lot of interest in kids that aren't his or his nieces or nephews, so it just made me happy to see him being so cute with her and asking her questions and her happies and stuff

Sherri said...

Funny, funny, as always. I can see your mom's smile there. My kids can pull some pretty ugly faces and Quincy has one of those smiles, too, that he gets from his dad. Glad to see you're back.

Sherri said...

Just like your friend above, I have to clarify myself -my kids can make pretty ugly faces just when they're mad or crying; they give good scuzzes, too. But, yes, so cute, too.

Anonymous said...

Check out all the little girls in the group picture. Everyone had a fake smile except the one who didn't smile at all. Pam Glad you are back.

Perla said...

Heather, what is your e-mail address? I want to e-mail you about which dance class Addie should take.

Anonymous said...

Heather, it's nice to see you back. I don't usually leave comments because after reading all my kids blogs and commenting on them, I've only got enough juice left to just read my nieces. About the Nanny smile, I have to say all little kids go through that stage. They become more aware that a picture will result, and try too hard. Just look at Grayson's for the last couple of years. He is starting to relax and grow out of it, thank heavens. Kids usually do grow out of it.

Your Mom, growing up always hated her smile. I kind of felt the same and then I changed mine a little when I saw Farrah Fawcetts beautiful smile, (it's more side to side than corners turning up.) Your mom told me she liked that better on me and she started doing it too. Now, mostly I just forget about it and smile. But, your mom never did. I've seen it really pretty on her, but it did often look forced. Speaking of your sweet mom, We sent to the cemetary yesterday. We found a single beautiful red rose on Moms headstone. I said to Dale, I wonder if one of Jeri's kids did that. They came to put flowers on their mom's grave and saved one for their grandma. Well, we had flowers for your Mom's too, so I walked on down, while Dale got the car. Sure enough, there were 3 of the most beautisul red roses I've ever seen. Now, if it had been Peggy, I think it would be more evenly distributed, but for kids of a beloved mother, the main attention would be her. Anyway, just thought I'd ask. Of course they could be from Joey or Troy.

(Now you can see why I get tired leaving comments, I write by the paragraph.) Chris' kids call me Grams, Kellys kids call me Grandma Lizzy, Robyns I sign, Your Inner Voice, for you it's Auntie Sharon. Love, AS

Anonymous said...

well that would be my cute little cousin.
and is that my elise?
haha i miss those little girls.
:) i love you heather!