What happened to my baby? I've heard mothers say that before and have thought maybe they were being a little dramatic. I swear that I had a baby just a week or two ago, but here she is almost 21 months old. She is such a delight to have in our home. There are two sides to this cute little person: uncommonly happy or unusually irritable. It is my full time job to anticipate the mood that she will wake up in each day. I am so amazed at how stubborn and strong willed she is already. Nanny wasn't displaying such strong qualities yet by this age. Dant walks around most of the day shaking her head from side to side saying "no mommy" for no apparent reason. She is incredibly opinionated about life already( I am inclined to believe she acquired this trait from her grandma). She is already picking on her big sister, why doesn't Nanny defend herself? I don't know, but they sure are cute together most of the day. Nanny goes out of her way to accomodate the many changing moods of Dant. I appreciate this quality in Nanny since it is one I don't possess myself. I find myself growing impatient with the roller coaster of emotions coming out of this little person. It is so amazing how different my girls are from each other, by this age Nanny could count to thirteen and pronounce almost every animal. She just seemed older than Dant does. Nanny was putting on her own shoes and coat and had so much more hair than Dant does. I still think of Dant as a baby and wonder if I am holding her back somehow. I don't know if this is normal or not but it has been interesting to observe.
Friday, September 28, 2007
baby to toddler
What happened to my baby? I've heard mothers say that before and have thought maybe they were being a little dramatic. I swear that I had a baby just a week or two ago, but here she is almost 21 months old. She is such a delight to have in our home. There are two sides to this cute little person: uncommonly happy or unusually irritable. It is my full time job to anticipate the mood that she will wake up in each day. I am so amazed at how stubborn and strong willed she is already. Nanny wasn't displaying such strong qualities yet by this age. Dant walks around most of the day shaking her head from side to side saying "no mommy" for no apparent reason. She is incredibly opinionated about life already( I am inclined to believe she acquired this trait from her grandma). She is already picking on her big sister, why doesn't Nanny defend herself? I don't know, but they sure are cute together most of the day. Nanny goes out of her way to accomodate the many changing moods of Dant. I appreciate this quality in Nanny since it is one I don't possess myself. I find myself growing impatient with the roller coaster of emotions coming out of this little person. It is so amazing how different my girls are from each other, by this age Nanny could count to thirteen and pronounce almost every animal. She just seemed older than Dant does. Nanny was putting on her own shoes and coat and had so much more hair than Dant does. I still think of Dant as a baby and wonder if I am holding her back somehow. I don't know if this is normal or not but it has been interesting to observe.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
How very cute! I can't believe she is that old already. Dant is not like you as a baby, you only had one mood-HAPPY! How are you feeling? Are you finding something that will help you? I hope so. Love you, Pam
Post a Comment