Friday, October 5, 2007
people who care
I have had the opportunity of finding out that some people are really amazing. The Young Women president that I work under is one of those people that you want to be just like. Through my ordeal with MDDS she has been so genuinely concerned about me. She's the kind of person who will just stop by my house and take my kids to the park. People like this truly amaze me, probably because I'm not that kind of person. There is such a difference between saying "let me know what I can do for you" and "I will be over in a half an hour to take your kids for two hours". I am the first kind of person, if there's one thing I gain from this illness I hope it's true charity. My sweet Young Women president arranged a fast with all the young women leaders followed by a session at the Temple. It was so humbling to have these sweet women fast for me all day and then take a night out of their lives to go to the Temple on my behalf. It was the first time I've gone to the Temple and sat through the whole session, I didn't feel well at all, but I was so grateful I was well enough to go and be in the presence of wonderful people in the most wonderful place.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
People should read this.
Post a Comment