Friday, September 5, 2008

Finally, my turn to gush!

After a horrible week without my computer it is time to blog and blog I must. My cute little five year old started Kindergarten this week and pictures must be posted! Last week I started getting stupid pop-ups on my computer saying I had a virus and they wanted to get rid of them. Well, the pop-ups proclaiming they wanted to rid my computer of it's virus was the virus! Ahhh, I know most of you out there have husbands who are pretty good with computers, my husband is really cute but barely knows how to turn on the thing. This means it was up to me to solve the problem. Yes, I spent hours on the phone with a man from India named "Chuck". I'm pretty sure his real name was not Chuck, I could barely understand him because of his thick accent. After paying Chuck with McAfee $70.00 to remove the virus I was ready to go, unfortunately my computer wasn't. The virus had crashed everything on my computer and it still wouldn't work. Kerry's friend Nate took pity on us and took our computer home to fix everything. Yay thanks Nate!! Anyway, yesterday I sat down to load all of my adorable pictures onto my computer and my camera software wasn't installed anymore, holycow what next. I'm happy to say I've reinstalled it and I'm back in business. Now to the good stuff.


Nanny was so cute walking into my old Kindergarted room, it's so fun having her go to the same elementary school I went to. I'm proud to call myself a former Roadrunner! She just seemed so darn big, she is pretty independent anyway most of the time. It's so nice when she's independent with things like this, there were no tears, no "mommy please don't leave me". That would have made it hard. The first day I picked her up, but the next day she was ready for the bus. The bus won't take her but it will bring her home. I asked a couple of the bigger neighbor girls to help her out on the bus to make sure she knew which stop to get off. She looked so big walking with the group of kids, and also very proud! She loves her teacher and recess. Do you know they don't give them milk anymore? I distinctly remember having a cart of milk rolled in when I was in Kindergarten. Hmmm, anyway so far she is loving it and Danny is not. She's pretty devestated sissy gets to go have fun for three hours a day while she is stuck with boring mommy. It's funny when a milestone like this approaches it really does make you sit back and think about how quickly the time flies by. It makes candy land and hungry hungry hippos matter a little bit more. It really does make me want to put the vacuum away for later and read more alphabet mystery books. Before I know it they'll be in highschool and wont be asking me to play games with them, that does make me sad to think about. I better be fun now so they'll always want to hang out with me!!



front door picture (we couldn't leave best friend Chewy out of the picture)
Nanny standing next to her coat hook

Nanny sitting on her name tag on the floor

this was the cutest thing. Nanny came out the first day holding hands with this girl. When I asked her who her new friend was she was like "I didn't ask her her name".
Nan and Dan at McDonalds celebrating the first day of Kindergarten.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now I would LOVE it if my kids went to my same elementary school. That would mean we lived in Utah!! But alas, not possible. Barrett starts pre-school in 3 weeks, and I will have 1.5 hours twice a week all to myself! I just wish that was enough time to do anything!! Cute pictures. She'll always be little in my mind, I saw her last Christmas of 2004--I've never met Dant...man, we need to come home!

Unknown said...

Yep, enjoy it Heather.... kindergarten, then high school, with no stops in between...seems like it anyway.... Mom says I went to junior high, then got married...ha..anyway, hang in there Dant... your turn soon... Joey

Perla said...

super cute! i didn't know that you were a former roadrunner. did i? i don't think i did. nanny looks so cute and it is so crazy how fast time goes!