Any of you other mothers with young children going through this fun stage right now? You know your kids are exercising their independence and all that jazz. I'm not a big fan of my kids having minds of their own, how 50's of me I know. I just don't like fighting over things that quite frankly five and two year olds shouldn't even care about yet. Dan doesn't like the way I comb her bangs anymore and Nan, well she doesn't like the way I do ANYTHING anymore. When did I lose the power? I want it back. Do I ever get it back? I know, I know it only gets worse from here on out, I don't want comments from all of you seasoned mothers telling me "these are the easy years". Aargghh!!
Today I surrender the power of wardrobe over to my all wise, all knowing five year old. After all, what do I know after 34 years on this earth. Surely I don't know anything about color coordinating and all that, right? Hey, just because her outfit literally hurt my eyes and made me feel even dizzier doesn't mean it's not a good thing. I'm all about picking my battles and today I just wasn't up for the fight!
7 comments:
Heather, Love the outfit! ;) Did you get my email about a get together? Is Breaking Dawn that bad? Should I take it away from 13 year old Mandy? Pam
awesome outfit! love it! :)
today andre told us, "i will make my own decision about that!" all angrily. hm....i don't know about this independence stuff!
Do you still exist? We miss you. Do we make you too dizzy?
I love the outfit. She starts kindergarten soon, doesn't she? And where did the time go? Aahhhh.
Heather you kill me!! I love it- I love to see I'm not alone in my craziness!! I think that is all we can do right now is pick our battles. I've given up on dressing my kids. Oh well, huh. Anyways, I was so excited to hear from you!! Your girls have GROWN!! What dolls- it is so fun to reconnect with all of you awesome girls in good old Riverdale! I love it down there! I miss you guys too! At least we can maybe keep in touch with the blogs- I'll keep checking in!!
Hey I am adding you to my friends list...hope you don't mind.
What's wrong with her outfit? It's super cool!
This is a link to Joseph's blog
http://politicsofpinball.com/
Post a Comment