This week Kerry and I celebrated eight years of knowing each other. Tuesday the 5th was the anniversary of our first date. Every year we try to reenact our first date. Annette watched our kids and we went to Golden Dynasty for dinner and then saw National Treasure 2. Our first date we went to Golden Dynasty then fed ducks up at Weber State then saw Galaxy Quest at Tinseltown. We decided it was too cold to feed the ducks this year, also it's just harder to be gone as long with kids that need to get to bed. It was nice, we picked our kids up at Annettes and she had bathed them and put them in their PJs for us. What a good babysitter! Some years we go out to eat and then rent Galaxy Quest and come home and watch it and some years we go see a new movie at Tinseltown, either way it's a fun tradition.
Monday Annette and Rachel came over with their kids and we had a playdate and made lunch together. It was fun. It's been fun getting to know my friend Rachel again, we haven't really hung out since jr. high. It seems like we haven't missed a beat. Her youngest daughter Hope and my Nanny took to eachother like they were long lost friends. It's been fun! Wednesday Nanny woke up sick and so we've had a pretty uneventful week ever since. I had to keep her home from preschool and dance class on thursday and she's been pretty bored. She had three friends call today to see if she could play and I had to tell them all no. She's a pretty good sport about it I think. She plays with Dant a lot which is good. Today they were playing in Nan's closet and Dant got her little fingers pinched in the closet door. It was pretty bad, one of them looked pretty flat for a while but seemed to inflate again. Poor little monkey, she was pretty miserable for a while. We just had a special date in the living room. We made popcorn and spread out a blanket in the living room and watched a Barbie movie. It was pretty fun!
3 comments:
Congrats to you both! Galaxy Quest is one of the best movies ever made--we could watch that one over and over! Here's to many, many more!!
Robyn
www.nykazafamily.com
Thinking of you, Annette and Rachel together makes me think of you all playing barbies together on the hill in Riverdale. Now you are together so your little girls can play together. I think Amy is smiling.
Fun with your sweetie, you deserve it. When I was at Robyns and she was gone, little Barrett got a finger pinched in the cupboard door. I wanted to help him so much because I know it's very painfrul. I couldn't really think of anything, except I'm constantly putting ice packs on my pain areas and it helps so much, I guess it deadens it. Anyway, I got an icecube and wraped it in a washcloth and put it on his finger and held him trying to comfort him. It was pretty amazing, he stopped crying in just a moment after having it on for quite a while he pulled his finger away and I just waited, he's in charge after all and I don't know when it might get too cold for him. It lasted about 5 seconds and he wanted it against it again. He finally fell asleep in my lap and that was the end of any problem for him. Just thought I'd share that in case it happens again. Love Auntie Sharon
Post a Comment