Saturday, February 2, 2008

snow, snow, snow

I can't believe all of this snow we've been getting this winter. We are running out of room to put it all. I guess it's a good thing, they say! I was so bummed that it snowed the day of Steve's memorial, the weather was so awful. I couldn't believe all the people that braved the blizzard just to come and be with us. It turned out nice I think, I think Steve would have liked it. I had a really neat experience that night while I was lying in bed. I'm always wide awake while Kerry is snoring next to me and that's the time when I think a lot. When I was laying there I felt like I had just spent the day with my mom, like we had gone to lunch or something. I hadn't noticed her presence too much during the memorial I think because I was too busy and focused on Steve, but that night I definitely know that she had been with me all day! I just laid there basking in the warm feeling of her love, it was so wonderful to feel that loved again. No one loves you like your mom! I think that my mom was pleased with what we did for Steve. I am so glad that he is with her, sometimes I'm jealous. I want to see her too! This whole experience of him dying has been so amazing. Long lost friends have reached out to help, neighbors that didn't even know him sat through his whole memorial, my heart has been touched by the goodness and kindness of others. I am so amazed at how much people care and of coarse I am grateful that Steve isn't suffering anymore. What a blessing it is to know I will see him again someday and when I do he will have grown so much and we can be a family forever.

No comments: