Monday, December 17, 2007

my favorite time


Am I a horrible person for saying that bedtime (for my girls) is my favorite time of day? I hope not, cuz if so it probably wouldn't change anything. Anyway, this week I've been especially thankful for Dant's naps and bedtime for both girls at night. I woke up one morning with a little sore throat and halfway through the day I was dead on the floor. No literally, I laid in front of our fireplace for hours with five blankets on me. I thought for sure I had the flu but I went to the doctor and tested positive for strep throat. I haven't had that in so many years that I didn't know what the symptoms were, besides a sore throat. Anyway it was horrible and I was very grateful when my girls were in bed! I've decided that being sick all the time must have been the card I drew in Heaven (do you think I can change my mind now?) just like many others in my family. I keep hearing that this life is so fleeting and temporary, but sometimes it seems so darn long!
We had our ward Christmas party last week and they did an impromptu nativity with the primary children. I wish I had taken my camera :( Nanny looked so cute up on the stage with her oversized white T-shirt and halo made out of aluminum. She just sat up there so angelically, really playing her part well I must say. Dant kept saying as loud as she could "I see sissy" while the narrator was trying to read. It was precious!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Be careful Alex got streph throat more than 3 weeks ago and he still isn't back to school. He get dizzy every day he tries to go. I think he got mono also with it. I hope he gets through 11th grade. I wish I was there to help you when you were on the floor.