Saturday, July 7, 2007

Happy Birthday America!

What a cool time of year this is. I love it, you feel so united with everybody. Even though most Americans don't even know why we celebrate Independence Day ( I know this from watching Jaywalking on Jay Leno) I love it. The morning of the 4th we woke up bright and early at 8:20 and headed for the park for a pancake breakfast. That was pretty fun, Adrian wouldn't touch the pancakes. She is used to the whole wheat pancakes daddy makes almost every morning. What 17 month old discriminates between white and wheat pancakes! After the breakfast me, daddy and our two little girls dressed in their matching patriotic outfits walked up the hill to the parade route. We found a good spot near the end of the parade in front of Porter's house. It took a minute for Susan to figure out why people were throwing candy at us and that she should run out into the street to pick it up. This was the first time in her life Kerry and I both urged her to run into the street! We got quite the haul of sweets. After the parade we walked to the carnival and saw lots of neighbors and friends. Kerry left to go help Ken run a booth at Cherry Days, I stayed with the girls and let Susan ride the train and play some games. That dreaded time finally came, the time when we had to go home so Adrian could have a nap, Susan hates that time. When daddy got home and Sissy woke up we headed to aunt Melodys for a day of swimming and fun. Aunt Melody's back yard is like Disneyland, never a dull moment! We had a good time seeing people we hadn't seen for a while, like Joseph. We stayed until dark then headed home to get baby in bed. After we put Adrian in bed we headed outside to watch fireworks with the Simones. They live across the street from us and had invited us to dinner and firework fun. We missed out on dinner but thought we would light fireworks with them. This worked out pretty well because we could check on Adrian every few minutes. It was a fun fulfilling day and once again I'm grateful for good neighbors and loving family!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought you didn't give Susan sugar? :) Pam

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a great 4th. Just like the ones you had as a kid in Riverdale. I loved them. Remember trying to catch the fish the fireman would put in the big pool? Pam