By the name of my blog you probably think I was in trouble or something.
Fortunately, I wasn't. We went down to Tooele last sunday to watch Ed become the new bishop of the Tooele 1st ward. I'm pretty proud to be the sister of a bishop. I wish I could see my mom up in heaven bragging to all of her angel friends about her son in law the bishop! I'm positive she is just as proud as can be. It was fun to see Joey and her family, it had been three months. Susan asks all of the time why we can't see them, she hasn't quite grasped the whole distance thing yet. It was pretty darn fun for her to hang with her cousins and aunt and uncle all day long. She's pretty crazy about them. I just spent time hanging out with some other people that are pretty darn fun. Pam hosted a little gathering in her beautiful back yard with me, Joan, Peggy and herself. We had veggie shishkabobs and fruit shishkabobs followed by a decadent french silk pie. There was the usual talking and laughter that always accompanies our get togethers. Joan cracked us up with her cute innocence and Peggy was pretty darn funny missing every other word that was said (she forgot to wear her hearing aid). We had fun sharing memories about mom. We recollected that two years ago the last thing mom did before she died was come to a gathering in Pam's back yard. Boy, we miss her! She's always there in spirit though. We played a fun game with dominoes called mexican train. That was pretty funny, it was getting dark and the "older ladies" (I'm gonna hear about that from Pam and Peggy) couldn't see the colors on the dominoes so they kept laying the wrong ones down. I kept telling them to count the dots instead of look at the colors. Joan was insistent that she could lay them down if the colors resembled each other! It was a fun night away from my kids, it's always nice to be Heather once in a while. Mommy is the greatest word in the whole world but sometimes it's just nice to be called by your first name. Thank heavens I have these fun friends I can be myself around!
1 comment:
Heather, What do you mean older ladies??? Fun to see you. Pam
Post a Comment