Thursday, May 17, 2007

This week in my life

This week in my life has been all about balancing kids and yard work. This is all between family birthdays, barbeques, church callings, Susan's preschool and cooking dinner for convalescing neighbors. Do I sound a little busy? I feel a little busy. It has been that kind of week, or month, where I feel like I never get a chance to breathe and catch up. I'm not whining or anything because I know that's just how it is these days. Nobody has time for themselves. I'm getting to the point where I'm having to prioritize and cut things out that aren't essential. I'm taking a more active role and interest in our yard than before. I think it's because I'm not so overwhelmed in this new house. Our yard is pretty small and somewhat easy to maintain. My baby "helped" me plant flowers on tuesday. That was quite fun! I then mowed the lawn and edged everything. As if that's not impressive enough I went out and sprayed for weeds today. This is very tricky stuff considering I have to navigate it all around naps and playdates! I also baked cookies today for a neighbor who just had a baby. They didn't turn out the way I wanted them to, probably because after I stuck them in the oven I gave my husband a haircut. Needless to say the cookies baked a little too long and got a little chewy. It's the thought that counts right! Hey, I'm full of good intentions! Well, that almost sums up my busy week, oh I just realized the week's not even over...arghhhhh!

No comments: