Monday, September 22, 2008

Beauty and the Beast


Beauty is the beautiful flowers my girls had fun picking from my yard. We had fun mixing flowers to make beautiful creations. Mums, marigolds and petunias, when put together make lovely flowers.


Beast is the horrible virus that has taken refuge in my baby's body. Last wednesday Nanny came down with a fever, thursday a sore throat was added. By friday she added swollen gums to the combo. After a trip to the doctor we found out she has a nasty virus called herpangina. I believe the doctors exact words were "you have a horrible weekend ahead of you". She explained all about the lovely mouth sores that were to come next, boy she wasn't kidding. Poor Nanny! You absolutely can not believe the condition of her mouth. Her tongue, cheeks, gums and lips are covered in REALLY BIG canker sores. I have never seen a better sport in my whole life, she is really taking it like a champ. There is nothing to do but wait this thing out because it is a virus. On the bright side she gets all the ice cream and popsicles she wants, she even has prescription suckers that numb the inside of her mouth. I was going to take a picture of the inside of her mouth, but I didn't wanna gross y'all out.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

so has it taken a turn for the better yet? Fever gone? My poor baby....

MelodylovesHuggie said...

I can't imagine how painful that would be...and just when she was getting so excited to be in school. Give her a squeeze and love from me. I guess that answers my quetion about Friday!

Heather D said...

Joey, no she is still fevering and getting new sores. I know poor baby.

Melody, what was your question about friday? She should be better by then, I'm just hoping Dan Dan doesn't get it. We're definitely planning on coming unless someone is really sick.

Anonymous said...

That is MY sarandon. ha my mom thinks its hers...my mom is crazy...
ha but how is she doing now?

Heather D said...

Jordy,
Nanny is still a sicky. Today lastnight and today have been really hard, her cankers are killing her. I just had her doctor call in some good medicine that will hopefully knock her out!

Perla said...

poor nanny! i'll be praying for a quick recovery!

MelodylovesHuggie said...

I hope this new medicine will help. I hope you get to come friday...and especially hope Nanny feels better. Kristin and I had a great day today, I look forward to having her here for more girl time. Also, Jordy, all of you belong to me...that's what makes "life so sweet"!

nspency said...

That's horrible Heather. The poor girl, I hope she gets feeling better soon.

Anonymous said...

Oh how sad! I hope she feels better by now. I can't imagine a little one going through that.

The Doutre Family said...

Poor kid! That's no fun. I hope she starts to feel better soon, for her sake and yours. Thats the worst when kids are sick. We actually did pay for the carpet already. Sorry, I didn't even know he did carpet :)