Thursday, March 27, 2008

A Happy Easter!


Daddy took pictures of us!

egg hunt at the park on saturday

Hope everyone had a great Easter this year. It was weird to have St. Patricks Day and Easter within a week of each other. It's funny how you are used to having warm weather for Easter, I got up and put on a springy little dress and went outside and froze. Poor little Dant asked me for her jacket when we were on our way to church. We had a little easter egg hunt in our house before church. The girls were so cute looking for the eggs, it's so sweet how they get excited over the smallest things. I tore up cotton balls to make it look like bunny fur, I had Nanny totally convinced the easter bunny had been all through our house. He left a little trail of fur that led to our laundry room. Their easter baskets were in their waiting for them. They were so excited to see their baskets! I loved how genuinely excited Dant was to see her present, she held it all through Target just two days before. She really seemed to think that the Easter bunny had somehow got his little paws on it and brought it to her. I really do love their excitement with these things. The Easter Bunny left a note on the wall by their baskets telling them to share their toys with each other and to remember what Easter was really about (shortened version) and Nanny thought it was pretty cool that the Easter bunny had left them a personalized note. We went to church and made it through classes and the sacrament, I've decided that I can't take much more with my illness. The last few weeks we've left right after we've taken the sacrament and it has helped me not get so anxious, I do feel bad to miss the speakers though. After church we went to Kerry's dads for dinner and an Easter egg hunt. Grandpa makes a good dinner and hides pennies and quarters in the eggs, the kids like to get money! I took them to the dollar store today (big accomplishment for me!) and let them both pick a toy. That was really fun, I was impressed that Nanny took it very seriously and didn't try to pick more than one toy. Dant tried really hard to come home with a care bear coloring book and a care bear bubble set. She finally decided on the coloring book. They're good little girls and I'm so glad to be their mommy!

4 comments:

Robyn said...

I'm just amazed how "S" is just a brunette carbon copy of you. Every picture you are right there in her face. It's really fun!

Robyn

Unknown said...

Yah! I have been watching and waiting for some cute easter pictures...looks like you guys had fun. Easter baskets with older kids is sooo different, so enjoy their excitement while it is there! Joey

Anonymous said...

What a little ham Nanny is. I loved the pictures and all your cute idea's like the cotton balls. I wish you could get better. I better pray harder. Pam

The Doutre Family said...

What a fun Easter! Lucky girls to get all those toys! I'm glad you guys had a great Easter. Super cute dresses too!