I had kind of a fun week this week. On Monday I had a playdate with three of my childhood friends and their kids. Me, Annette and Tami all went to Rachel's house for lunch and fun memories. It was fun being with three of the friends I've had for my whole life. We made the comment that the whole gang was almost there. Amy and Amber were missing, but other than that most of the original gang was there. Our kids all had fun playing with each other, Tami had extra because she does daycare. I think she was a little overwhelmed trying to watch her own kids plus extra so she didn't stay as long. We're going to try to do this a couple times a month I think which is so good for us stay at home moms! Valentines day was fun for Kerry and me, we went to dinner and a movie. We had all you can eat chili verde at El Burrito then went to see Fools Gold. I thought it was a pretty good movie, full of adventure and some comedy. Any time you can go out without the kids is pretty fun anyway. My neighbor was so nice to watch our kids. Like I mentioned a couple of blogs ago Nanny started taking dance lessons with out next door neighbor. We usually take turns car pooling, but this week Tamron offered to take Nanny and pick her up and watch her and Dant after so Kerry and I could go out. I was astonished that she would want to do that on Valentines night, but she said she and her husband never go out anyway. I tried to return the favor the next night but her husband didn't want to go out that night either. Guess he doesn't like to go out much.
Kerry gave a talk in church today about missionary work because he is a ward missionary. I had the opportunity of sitting alone with my girls during sacrament meeting. Boy was I worn out by the end. Dant is not one to hold still or be quiet when you ask her, even if you ask her nicely! My young womens president and her family were sitting next to us on the pew so she took pity on me and helped me out. I felt pretty dumb that I needed helpl with two kids, but when I'm dizzy and Dant is uncontrollable I really do struggle. Oh, the joy of being in sacrament meeting with young kids. It isn't my season to get much out of sacrament. The family in front of me had four kids and they all say there like little angels. My kids never sit there like little angels, is it something I'm doing or is it their personality? Just something I wonder about.
4 comments:
I bet Amy was with you. Joan and I are going to ST. George tomorrow for the home show. It is fun to keep in contact with old friends. Our neighborhood was special. I think that is why a lot of the kids bought their parents homes. I never heard a thing in sacrament meeting when my kids were little. Don't feel bad.
HA!!!! We don't even go to sacrament meeting! Haven't regularly since Jake was little. I'm a stress case, and just as the youngest gets old enough for me to venture out on my own---I have another one! Barrett is nearly old enough to start up again--but watching him in Sunbeams--it may be years yet!! I'm glad you had a good week!
Robyn
www.nykazafamily.com
Your Mom used to say that in any church meeting you would sit on her lap quietly the whole time and that it was so nice. You were the first child that did that for her. I wish you had some repayment, but hey, it sounds like your kids are pretty normal to me. Love Auntie Sharon
sorry sis...I guess I hogged all the quiet kid genes....but you have to admit, Nanny and Dantley are awful cute... Joey
Post a Comment