Monday, January 7, 2008

oh, what a storm!



Wow, we sure got a lot of snow this weekend! It is that really good kind full of water too. I decided to try and be a fun mom so I bundled the kids and myself up and we went out to build a snowman. Of coarse, that turned out to be me building a snowman and both of the girls whining. Dant couldn't walk in the snow because it was too tall and Nanny said it kept getting in her boots. It really was fun though. A couple of the neighbor girls ended up at our house to help with the snowman. Dant decided that it was more fun to color on the wet sidewalk with some sidewalk chalk than to build a snowman. That was a nice mess, sidewalk chalk smearing all over her little snowsuit. She loved eating the snow too. Nanny and her little friends had fun jumping in the big pile daddy had made when shoveling the snow from the driveway. I love our neighborhood, one of our neighbors came over after shoveling his own driveway and helped Kerry do ours. Then another neighbor came over with his fourwheeler w/plow and cleared out our approach for us. There's nothing like some good teamwork after a good storm! Today is Dan't birthday and grandpa is coming over tonight for pizza (one of the foods Dant will actually eat). I'll do a blog on this in a few days!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Dant!

Anonymous said...

Me again. I thought about you at Liz's funeral. I was sitting there looking up at the stand and the room was spinning and the speaker moving. I have been sick with a head cold. I thought this is how poor Heather has it all the time. I am sorry. Darling pictures of snow and kids. I'm glad you could get out with them and play. Love, P